Thursday, December 31, 2015

Marissa Garner and New Year's resolutions.



 Today I have the wonderful author Marissa Garner stopping by and talking about her New Year's resolutions-even if one doesn't make them, we think of them.

I suck at New Year’s resolutions. I bet I’ve never stuck to one for more than a few weeks. How about you? Do you ever wonder why it’s so hard?

The root of my problem is that resolutions feel more like rules than goals. I actually like striving to reach goals. But rules—not so much. When dealing with them, my inner child plants her hands on her hips, narrows her eyes, and says, “Can’t make me!”

Don’t think that I run around breaking all the rules. I don’t. But I sure do find it easier to obey the ones I understand and agree with than those I don’t. Do you feel the same way?

This little rebellious streak carries over into my writing. I always manage to bend or break a few rules. As a result, my stories appeal more to romance readers who:
·         Choose French Silk over vanilla
·         Don’t always color inside the lines
·         Don’t like being told no
·         Think some rules are made to be broken
·         Have the courage to push the envelope when they’re passionate about something
·         Believe fiction should be as unpredictable as real life

If this sounds like you—and you don’t do well with New Year’s resolutions either—I hope you’ll try my stories and also get to know me better by exploring my website and Facebook page. Happy New Year!

Oooh! I like the way you think--- your stories sound awesome!

Blurb:
HUNTED by Marissa Garner
(Book 1 in the FBI Heat series: Hot agents on explosive cases.)

For San Diego’s elite FBI agents, risking their lives is standard procedure when it comes to capturing the city’s most dangerous criminals—but falling in love is the greatest risk of all.  

Catching bad guys in San Diego’s underworld isn’t just FBI Special Agent Ben Alfren’s job, it’s his life. He doesn’t have time for a serious relationship, doesn’t want one either. So when he meets his sexy new neighbor, Amber Jollett, he has nothing more in mind than unwinding with a glass of wine, a romantic walk on the beach…and maybe a hot fling.

But Amber is more than he bargained for. Hunted by an obsessed ex-boyfriend, the fiercely independent nurse chooses fight over flight for the chance at a future with her hot, blue-eyed neighbor. When she gets caught up in Ben’s plans to rescue five kidnapped women, their lives get entangled and their attraction flares into passion. But they’ll learn that in this dangerous game of cat and mouse, real love can save—or doom—them . . .
Like I said--sounds like lots of fun!

 

Bio:
Marissa Garner is a wife, writer, chocoholic, and animal lover, not necessarily in that order. As a little girl, she cut pictures of people out of her mother’s magazines and turned them into characters in her simple stories. Now she writes edgy romantic thrillers, steamy contemporary romance, and sexy paranormal romantic suspense. Her stories will titillate your mind as well as your libido. She lives in sunny Southern California with her husband, but enjoys traveling from Athens to Anchorage to Acapulco and many locations in between.

Amazon buy link:  http://amzn.to/1PjQLGK



I hope you stop by again--and Happy New Year!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me here today, MV. Should I be worried about the "dark things" you reference in the header? I plan to be drinking some bubbly later, but I promise not to start too early. Happy New Year from sunny SoCal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa, you should always worry about the dark things on my blog-- *grin* and I will toast you with some bubbly! Happy New Year! Thanks for being here!

      Delete
  2. Very interesting...your inner child sounds a lot like mine LOL! Same goes for my writing....readers who like a little more sensuality and grit along with their spirituality :-)

    Good luck and God's blessings in the New Year!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Pam. I find my inner child can be both a blessing and a curse. The trick is to identify which one she is with foresight instead of hindsight. LOL Happy New Year to you and yours!

      Delete
  3. I'm with you, Marissa! That saying, truth is stranger than fiction is so true. I often hear news stories and say, if I wrote that, readers would say it is too far fetched. I like readers who are willing to suspend their imagination. Reading is about imagination, not boxes, or rules. In general, I'm the biggest rule follower there is. But when it comes to writing, or getting back stage, the rules don't apply for me. ;) Happy New Year and may all your goals be met in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MJ. I like to think there are lots of readers who just want a really good story more than they care about any genre rules. Story should trump rules any day. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  4. I don't like rules either, although I am also a follower. As others mentioned, not so much in my writing. I wonder if that's common among writers, we break the rules in our fantasy world because we can't break them in our real world? :) Looking forward to finding time to read your book...sounds awesome! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Good point, Alicia. It's great to hear I have plenty of company with not liking rules. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. I don't like following rules--but if I have to, I want to know why. I prefer marching to my own drum, not someone else's. Glad to know I'm in good company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Diane! March on...
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  6. I'm not one for rules either! There seems to be a common theme developing.... Definitely connected with the inner child 'Can't make me' quote. Good luck with the book & a belated Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Nicole, and I agree with you about rules. :)

      Delete