Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Summer Events and Future Blogs

Summer is full of adventure and fun for me on this blog this year.  I wanted to share with you some of the events I am planning and participating in. I have a series of blogs I am planning, along with a few blog hops, challenges, and my favorite--interviews!  

June kicks off with Audio book month (JIAM); and it is my pleasure to be hosting two professional Narrators, part of 40 who have teamed with Going Public and Tantor Media to participate in Summer Shorts '14-- an event which combines an audio collection of  poetry, short stories, and essays. All proceeds go  to ProLiteracy. The day of the release and as part of thank you to  listeners you'll be able to hear it online for free. At the end of June they will be compiled and you can buy them (you get an extra 20 additional tracks with it).  The full release schedule can be found on Spoken Freely page of Going Public blog.

June 8th I will be hosting and interviewing  Rachel Fulginiti; who will be narrating a poetry piece Jasmine Comes Up, by Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī. (I can hardly wait!). She is fascinating; with credits including voice-overs, audio books, stage acting, singing in a rock band, and a yogi, I am going to have hard time keeping it to the point, because I have so many questions...

June 26th I will hosting and interviewing Mike Chamberlain who will be narrating a horror piece The Statement of Randolph Carter, by H.P. Lovecraft (a treat if you ask me, I love the old-school horror!). He is an award winning narrator, who has has done performed not only for animation, video games,  audio books, and promos for television. It's going to be fun talking with him.

This is only the beginning;
Coffee it's what I love.
  •  I have a two part blog series I am hoping to post about Indie Book publishing.
  •  Creativity vs. Business and blockages--how do creative people in the business of writing, acting, narrating, artists deal with it? I am asking everyone from all levels and I'll post two responses at a time. I want this to be an on-going project because aren't we all struggling?
  • Writing Challenge #2 Kicks off at the end of June. This time I'll have more authors participating--the end result? Prizes for everyone! (with added pictures of the bad hair days)
  • Interviews-- I love talking with everyone. I am going to expand my interviews to encompass other people--because people interest me--who knows who or what is going to visit.
  • And yes, I'll be talking Coffee, Kettle bells, and Yoga (I'm getting back into it, so why not share?) --plus a recipe or two. 
 Stay tuned! There is much adventure afoot.  Let the games begin!

And may you stay cool on hot days--and enjoy the Summer!

What are you looking forward to this summer?


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Missy-- it sure is! And I am glad you are going to share in it. :)

      Delete
  2. It all sounds great. You are going to be one busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa--I'm beginning to think it's the only way to be... :)

      Delete