How have we done with our fabulous writing challenge?
Was there celebrations? Did we make the goals we set ourselves....
We did not make it.
But--there is no gnashing of teeth; we did write. It's better than NOT writing. This is not something we failed at, but we didn't succeed completely. But you know what--that's all right--because we are going to continue to keep moving forward. And we are going to celebrate our tenacity and not meeting the deadlines with GIFTS! (More Info below)
Part of the price was to post photos from the past: Good, bad, and....different. Take a look.
<------------Let's start with our first Contestant:
Goal: Finish her Third book in a series.
Final outcome: She came in at 6k written.
Her Giveaway: a Pearl Bracelet to some lucky Commentator (and she'll ship anywhere!)--and a photo!
Here she is playing the flute it looks like...
But there has to be something else...
a childhood scene.... Don't we ALL have one of those? :)
What childhood embarrassing moment is caught in a photo or film? Would you share it?! --the telling of it, you don't have to share a photo. (I'm too chicken to)
Second Player in this Game: --------------->
Goal: Write 20k on her book.
Final outcome: 8k written
Her Giveaway: A $25 Amazon Card.
<--Blast from the past back in the eighties!
Now that is cool!
But there is more, lets see what her reaction is the first time she got an acceptance letter for her book shall we?
I'm sort of evil. I like showing her while she is at the hairdressers.
One of things I like about looking at photos of the past--we don't look nearly as bad (all right sometimes) as we thought. Plus what we thought was cool (perms) is perhaps not so cool anymore....
Did you have a perm? (Yeah, I did...)
Goal: 20K on her story
Final outcome: Wrote 16,909 (yay!)
Her Giveaway: $20 Starbucks gift card. (If you know me at all, this is the one thing I covet... Coffee.)
D.B. has some lovely pictures! I adore her childhood one. I remember when they would position kids like this to take photos--she is adorable!
Here is her prom picture. Awesome! (I am justified with my assumption earlier I am right *everyone* had perms back then). Personally, I think the dress is wonderful and different. I love the colors!
Did you go to prom? If you did--what did you wear? If you didn't what did you do instead? (I don't remember, I'd like to say I sat on the couch and ate ice-cream or maybe I went to the movies..)
Goal: To write 20K
Final outcome: He wrote 16.5k on one project and 2.5 on another which brought it up to: 19k total. (only 1000 words away!)
His Giveaway: A $20.00 Amazon gift card.
He is world traveler, with acerbic wit and observations. I always enjoy correspondence from him; especially when his muse shows up (She can be scary!)
"Here’s young Peace Corps volunteer on the Island of Panay, Philippines, as a Fisheries Biologist, with his cool jeep."
I have to agree-- I love that jeep! What car did you have that you thought was or is cool? (Me, I've always been partial to my Baby Toyota Car--)
The final Contestant who wrote the least, Me.------------------->
Goal: Write 20k
Final outcome: Wrote 5k
My Giveaway: $20.00 Amazon Gift card
Seriously this was one interesting challenge, I was sure I could do it, but I didn't account for a few things. But that is my fault.
Now--here is my contribution to the throwback photos...lets see what you think.
I was rocking the blouse and the flat hairstyle (I think it had a "feather" in it. You remember that term?). I always wanted Farrah Fawcets hair style and body. I had neither.
Did you ever try to look like someone famous? (c'mon, we all try once).
We are now at the end of the follow up. Thank you everyone for participating. I am going to start another one up at the end of June, and I am hoping to attract more authors to it. At the end; the same result with prizes for those who comment. Part of celebrating for me is to share with others.
So here is how the Giveaway is going to go:
- We have five gifts, and if you notice there are questions through out the blog post. If you answer each questions (I'll post them here again) you get your name put in for each one (could have your name in the hat FIVE times). *yes* this means you could win more than one thing.
- If you only answer one question, you only get your name in once. Everyone is eligible who can accept the gift cards. NOTE: Starbucks card gets mailed within the continental U.S. only.
- *PLEASE* Give me an email I can contact you with such as: name at yahoo dot com. Because I really need to contact you.
- Names will be drawn on Monday, May 26th, 2014. (D.T. is going out of town, BUT he will send his gift to the winner upon his return a week later). GOOD LUCK
- Prizes: 1 Pearl Bracelet, 1 $25 Amazon Card, 1 $20 Starbucks Card, 1 $20 Amazon Card, 1 $20 Amazon card.
- Question recap:
- What childhood embarrassing moment is caught in a photo or film? Would you share it?! --the telling of it, you don't have to share a photo.
- Did you have a perm?
- Did you go to prom? If you did--what did you wear? If you didn't what did you do instead?
- I have to agree-- I love that jeep! What car did you have that you thought was or is cool?
- Did you ever try to look like someone famous?
|Add And the final photo is my contribution to the world of Perm. Yes, I told you I had one as well. What can I say. It grew on me *snort*. (It actually looks like a poodle died for that style.) I still have this jean jacket too...|