Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Favorite Season is Here

I love the fall.

The crisp air--the changing color of the leaves. Can't you just smell the cool air?

It is the best time to hike and to go for drives. Even as a kid, I thought this time of year was something special.  perhaps it was because things were changing: new year of school, another year waning....

Probably, because I liked kicking through the crunchy leaves. I admit, I'd rake leaves only to jump into the pile.

With the autumn comes more rain and clouds, another little thing I enjoy: Rain. There is nothing more comforting than drinking a hot cup of something and reading (or in my case writing). Its the only time I don't feel guilty for sitting at my desk.

For some gloomy days are depressing. I see them as opportunities. When winter slides in those iron-colored skies will be more brutal, but so long as I have some place warm I am fine with it.

You know, maybe I'm actually I'm meant to hibernate. This could be a real possibility, but I'd miss my coffee and tea too much.


I have to confess, even though I adore the changing colors of the leaves, the increased precipitation--what I really look forward to is: Halloween.  It saddens me my children don't dress up anymore because they've gotten too old. But I still love the costumes, candy, and scary movies (well, maybe not the scary movies).

The other day I watched Sleepy Hallow with Johnny Depp. Oh my, I totally forgot about all the heads being lopped off.  

Do you like the fall? Why or why not?
Thank you for stopping by!


All photos in this blog post are from a free website, they are not my own. Click here to see the website: Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment